Our annual BYO Turkey event is here! This is the event where customers wisely delegate the Thanksgiving turkey cooking to Sun Wah BBQ either by purchasing the restaurant’s bird or bringing their own.
To participate, the procedures are as follows:
- There will be a LIMITED number of slots available for different times throughout the day.
- We will begin accepting turkey orders as of the publication of this post.
- To hold a time slot, a $15 deposit (for each bird) needs to be made. This can be done in-person by visiting the restaurant and paying via Cash, Visa or Mastercard. This may also be done over the phone using a Visa or Mastercard. No checks are accepted. Final total price will be determined when the BYO turkey is brought in to be weighed or at pick-up time for the restaurant-supplied bird.
- ALL Bring-Your-Own birds must be brought in no later than 5:00pm on Monday, November 19, 2018. Any exceptions can only be approved by Kelly or Laura.
- Sun Wah BBQ will have a limited supply of fresh Amish turkeys available for ordering.
- Pricing is as follows: BYO Turkeys are charged at $2.50/lb. Restaurant-supplied fresh Amish turkeys are $5.50/lb.
- When making the deposit in-person or via phone, restaurant staffers Li, Mike, or Melissa can help.
- Those making a credit card deposit via phone will need to provide: Credit card number, name on card, phone number, and billing zip code.
Sun Wah BBQ will be open for business Thanksgiving day from 8:30am to 6:00pm. Turkey pick-up time slots will span from 9:00am to 5:30pm. For those running late, keep our phone number handy to notify us.
The “best sized” turkeys to bring in are between 10-15lbs.
As popularity in past years can attest, be mindful that we MAY run out of time slots while trying to accommodate as many customers as possible. If the time slot you want is not available, be amenable to a different time slot.
Because we are cooking all Turkey orders on hour-and-half segments, be advised there may be a 45 minute variation to the intended time slot. If a delay happens, we will attempt to call you informing of the delay as soon as it becomes aware to us. We try our hardest to adhere to the schedule but unforeseen difficulties may affect output times. Be patient with us on this busy day. We are doing our utmost to get your cooked bird to you as soon as possible.
Questions should be addressed to Kelly at email@example.com